Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Maddux Turns Four

Well my little Maddux, you have graced this world with your presence for four entire years now.  I can't believe it. I remember bringing you home from the hospital.  I loved you more than I knew possible, but I had no idea what to do with you. We learned how to be a family together.... You taught me how to be a mama.... I would sneak into your room every night, and if you were asleep, I'd pick you up and rock you. I still come into your room every night, but now you're too big to pick up without waking. So I sit there and stare at your perfect, little face. I brush your hair with my fingers and wonder how you got so big so fast. You still have so much to learn from this cruel world.  How do I create an environment where you can learn life's important lessons with the least amount of growing pains?


Your daddy and I love you so much.  You have been a blessing beyond measure. We truly thank our God for you every single day. 

Birthday festivities began in the morning. You awoke to balloons galore. You loved running through them and drawing faces on them. You wanted crackers for breakfast so that's what you got! You were pretty happy that I said yes to your request. We gave you one present every few hours throughout the day. You would light up when I would come from the room singing 'Happy Birthday' because you knew that was your cue to opening a new present. 


You had friends over to swim in the pool and sing to you. You felt like a pretty big deal -- and you are. My little world truly revolves around you and your little sister and I wouldn't have it any other way. Thank you for making me a mama for the last four years. I love you, spokie. 


0 comments: