Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter

Makay and I decided we would separate our Easter celebrations into two days. Saturday we would focus on Easter baskets, egg hunts, candy, etc and Sunday we would focus on the Resurrection. 


Saturday morning Maddux woke up to his Easter basket -- complete with a baseball bat and basketball shorts. I put Makay in charge of Easter baskets because I'm too cheap. I was just going to get Maddux some peeps and Easter pencils -- lame, I know. He then searched the house for hidden Reeses eggs. Our ward had a special Easter breakfast with an Easter egg hunt for the kids that morning. 

Easter Sunday we had the missionaries, Brantley and Lacie, and another couple from our ward over for dinner.  I had a special 'spiritual Easter egg hunt' for the kids. I hid 12 eggs. Each egg had something inside that represented the last week of the Saviors life. Maddux was more interested in opening the egg than listening to the story.  Hopefully next year will be better. 





Easter has come to mean more to me the last few years. This past week I've been touched by the great act of the resurrection and what blessings have come to pass because of it. What a glorious moment that must have been when Christ rose that first Easter morning. What was the reunion between Father and Son like? I can only imagine the embrace they shared, the tears they shed, and the joy they felt. I'm so thankful for the blessing of eternal families that was brought to pass because of the resurrection of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. 

0 comments: