Saturday, May 14, 2011

t.w.o.

I'm sitting here in bed. It's late, but I can't stop thinking about my little Maddux. He will be two on Monday. Two. I know "I just can't believe it" is cliche, but it's true. My mind just can't comprehend that two entire years have passed. I gave birth, nursed in the wee hours, and was overly extatic when he could sit up all by himself... now he's jumping off couches, scraping up his knees, and, to my great amusement, he gallops and jumps in order to get from A to B. The world is his trampoline.

I never knew being a mother would be so rewarding (pass me the butter because I am on a roll with these cliches). I truly am the happiest I've over been.

Happy birthday to my munchkin on Monday. He can lift me to a level of joy I didn't know was possible.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Happy Birthday little man!! We love, adore and miss you like crazy!! I cannot believe it has been two years since I listened to you, over the phone, come into this world! You are one lucky buddy to have such an amazing mommy and daddy! Love you big guy!
love,
your favorite auntie

Grandmoota said...

I can't believe that our little man is two. Happy birthday to Maddux.
Good luck to Makay on his studing for the exams.
Love you all...Grandmoota